Friday, July 25, 2008

POTTY TIME!!!

YEAHH!! Our baby is a BIG GIRL!! She is now potty trained - and has been for a few weeks now. This mile stone has been so exciting, not only for ME but for her. I love the pure excitement in her eyes when she does potty and then gets a treat.

I do have to give kudos to my mom, she is the one who started the process. I have been talking about doing it for a while now, but I have not been that excited to clean up the messes. One night Josh told Micaela that she couldn't have anymore gum until she pottied in the potty (and she LOVES gum). So the next morning, I was working, so she and BaMa were playing, and she asked for some gum and I know it's shocking..but she stuck to her guns :) and told her only after she pottied. So off she went to the potty and WENT!!! She was soo excited and of course got rewarded with gum. My mom put big girl underwear on her (very brave of her) and she only had 1 wet accident and 2 poop accidents...which is pretty amazing. Ever since that day we have not worn a diaper except for at night time and nap time. It has been almost 3 weeks since she has started and just yesterday I came out of the office and she was insisting to Josh that she go by herself..so she now goes to the potty, puts the potty on the toilet, goes, wipes and washes her hands!! It kills me how fast they grow up, especially when they want to.

3 comments:

Jenni and Chad Stewart said...

Sweet Kallie! Now you'll only have to have 1 in diapers instead of 2. Great timing! This next baby will be my first time having 2 in diapers at the same time - - not excited.

Jenn said...

That is so awesome! congrats on getting her potty tranined so quickly!

gabeandstef said...

WAHOOO!!! I am so glad it was an easy process for you. Now she is a big girl.