Saturday, April 25, 2009

What are you going to be when you grow up?

Micaela, Grandma Debbie and I were sitting on the patio and out of the blue she says...."when I grow up I am going to be a Dr." (Which completly SHOCKS me because she threw a FIT at the Dr's when we went for her 3 yr check up - totally freaking out when asked to step on the scale...it was so bad that Dad had to hold her, while screaming to get her weight...it was pretty bad!) So anyway, I then start asking questions...

Kallie: Why do you want to be a Dr?
Micaela: So I can take care of people, and make them feel better.
Kallie: Do you check their weight?
Micaela: Yes, to make them feel better.
Kallie: What is Taylor going to be when he grows up?
Micaela: A baseball player
(we go through everyone and everyone is going to be a Dr or a baseball player)
Kallie: What about mom?
Micaela: You can be my patient!

I will have the BEST job of all :D


Now this isn't really funny...but I get a kick out of it. As you all probably know..Josh got laid off from work a month or so ago and so I have had to work full time.

We were getting ready for bed and she says... "Mom, does Dad have a job?" I say "No, not yet" in her sad voice she says..."So you have to work tomorrow???" I say "yes, but Daddy will have another job soon..." she was happy with that answer.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Micaela is such a doll! I love the things kids think about and say. I hope Josh gets a job soon, I'm sure it's pretty stressful for both of you!